A Cardiff street was cordoned off after a fire started in a city centre building at midday today.
It is thought around 500 employees were evacuated from Dominion House, Principality, and surrounding buildings on Queen Street.
The fire is thought to have started after an electrical transformer overheated.
A fireman at the scene said: "We think it started in the Dominion's Arcade, but we can't be sure yet."
Firemen used hoses to try to put out the fire, but smoke could still be seen coming from between Travelodge and the now closed Ha Ha Bar an hour after fire alarms went off.
Dominion Way was cordoned off, meaning shoppers had to use alternative routes.
Six fire engine crews attended the scene and were later joined by paramedics and several police officers.
A police officer at the scene said: "As far as we know, everyone has been accounted for."